Dead peace deal with US: Afghan Taliban give important statement

Dead peace deal with US: Afghan Taliban give important statement
Shares

KABUL - On the Dead peace deal with US, Afghan Taliban give important statement that they are ready for resuming the talks with United States.

The Afghan Taliban have shown willingness to resume the peace negotiations with the United States – after President Donald Trump unexpectedly called off talks – and said that their ‘doors are open’, reported the *BBC link.*

The group’s chief negotiator, Sher Mohammad Abbas Stanikzai, in an exclusive interview to the British broadcaster, stressed that negotiations remained the only way for peace in Afghanistan.

Earlier this month, US President Donald Trump said he cancelled peace talks with Afghan Taliban leaders after the group said it was behind an attack in Kabul that killed an American soldier and 11 other people.

Senior Taliban leaders along with President Ashraf Ghani were going to meet at Camp David on September 8, but the September 6 attack prompted President Trump to pull out saying that ‘Taliban do not have the power to negotiate if they were unable to agree to a ceasefire during talks”.

However, according to Stanikzai, the Taliban had done nothing wrong. While talking to the *BBC link *he said: “They [US] had killed thousands of Talibans according to them but, in the meantime, if one [US] soldier has been killed that doesn’t mean they should show that reaction because there is no ceasefire from either side.”

More from this category