ISLAMABAD - Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Marriyum Aurangzeb has on Sunday denied the reports claiming that Law Minister Zahid Hamid and Minister of State for Information Technology and Telecommunication Anusha Rehman have resigned.
In a statement, Aurangzeb said that the operation had been done on the instructions of the courts but the orders said that the operation should be unarmed while the protesters were armed so the government had to stop the operation.
Marriyum said that the government will inform the court about its view tomorrow. She added that the government wanted to resolve the issue with talks as the situation was extremely critical and the issue quite sensitive. She added that linking certain names with the issue was irresponsible.