Pakistan information minister interview to the Indian newspaper
ISLAMABAD - Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry on Sunday gave an interview to the Indian News paper.
He has said that Pakistan is ready to open Kartarpur Border, despite the failure of the talks between two countries.
While giving an interview to the Indian Newspaper, Fawad said India will have to decide on the future course of engagement with Pakistan but Islamabad is ready to discuss all outstanding issues as it believes wars and hostility provide no solution.
The “real issue” between the two sides remains Kashmir, he said, adding that Pakistan is “ready to discuss everything”, he added.
“There are several ways we can handle things. One way is we could go to war, both countries have atomic weapons and those who survive can handle the outstanding issues.
But it is foolish to think we can go to war,” said the minister, who is considered to be close to Khan.
The other way is the approach advocated by (Indian national security adviser Ajit) Doval of ‘defensive offence’ where both sides use measures to internally weaken each other. Or we can sit and discuss all issues between us and find a solution.”
He added: “We are ready to discuss everything. We have fought three wars over the past seven decades and we can’t change our neighbours. It is for India to decide.
Earlier on September 21, foreign minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi while reacting on the decision of cancellation of his meeting with Indian counterpart said it was a regretful news as the only solution of all disputes between both countries was to hold talks.
“It shows India is reluctant to talk with Pakistan, however, the solution of all the disputes rest in talks and both the countries should come on the table sooner or later,” he said while talking to media.