Mumbai attacks case enters final stage in ATC Court

Mumbai attacks case enters final stage in ATC Court
Shares

*ISLAMABAD: An anti-terrorism court on Wednesday recorded the statement of Federal Investigation Agency additional director general Wajid Zia in a case pertaining to the November 2008 Mumbai attacks . *

The ATC judge directed another witness Zahid Akhtar to appear on next hearing on June 6 for cross-examination by the defence side.

The Ministry of Interior, meanwhile, sought more time to apprise the court of whether 27 Indian nationals will testify in the case or not.

Allowing its request, the court directed the ministry to inform it until June 06 in this regard.

At the previous hearing, the judge noted the case has entered in the final phase as only two witnesses from Pakistan have to record their depositions.

The judge observed that the court has been awaiting Indian response over whether 27 witnesses from India will testify in the case or not and directed the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Interior to inform him in this regard.

He said so far 85 witnesses presented by FIA have recorded their statements.

A list of 150 witnesses was provided to the court, out of which 63 were stricken off the list for being unnecessary, the judge said.

More from this category