Munich shooting: Attackers still at large

Munich shooting: Attackers still at large
Shares

MUNICH, Germany (APP) - Six people died in a shooting rampage Friday in a Munich shopping centre with several people gravely injured , police said, in what they described as a suspected terror attack.

"At the moment we can confirm six dead people and several injured , whose number is not yet clear," police said in a statement.

"Police are still carrying out a major mobilisation. At this time none of the assailants could be apprehended."

A police spokesman told a news conference earlier that many of the injuries were serious.

The spokesman told reporters that "at least three shooters" were still at large and reported to be armed with "long guns".

Another police spokesman had told earlier that "terrorism" was suspected in the deadly rampage.

Some witnesses reported seeing "Arab-looking men" among the suspects, according to police sources.

Asked about about a possible Islamist motive to the shootings at the news conference, the police spokesman said authorities had "no indication" of such a link.

Residents have been ordered to stay at home and public transportation has been suspended.

More from this category