Swat Motorway inauguration announced
PESHAWAR: Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pervez Khattak Wednesday informed that 25 percent work has been completed on Swat Motorway including completion of structure laying, mountain cutting and difficult phases of the project.
He was visiting Col Sher Khan Interchange in Swabi to apprisehimself about progress made on Swat Motorway. PKHA Project Director,Barkatullah and Commander FWO Brig Ashfaq Maitla briefed the CM on the occasion.
Chief Minister was informed that first phase of the project,which include Main Carriageway up to Katlang Interchange, would be completed by 31 December 2017after that it would be opened for public.
He was further informed that construction work on pipe culverts had been completed, 18 out of 26 subways had been completed whereas four underpasses have been completed so far.
Project Director said that 70 percent work on construction of 21 bridges has been completed whereas out of 2400 meter tunnels, 900 meters had been completed, he added.
Brig Ashfaq Maitla informed the CM that 100 percent work had been completed regarding cleaving & Grubbing, Compaction of Natural Ground and Granular Material Platform.Similarly, regarding Embankment, 75 percent work has been completed.
Talking to media, Parvez Khattak said that project would open new avenues of tourism in the country and would support provincial kitty.He directed concerned authorities for accelerating the construction work to ensure timely completion of the project.