Mysterious murder of British Sisters in Pakistan, New developments reported
ISLAMABAD - The British sisters who were 'gassed to death' in a bathroom in Pakistan have been pictured for the first time.
Maria and Nadia Rehman, 24 and 17, were found lying unconscious on the floor at a property in Gujrat, Pakistan, on January 12.
DunyaNews reports claims by sources that the sisters were killed by gas leaking from a boiler in the bathroom.
The pair, from Preston, were in Pakistan with their parents Abdul and Zarina Rehman for the anniversary of their granddad's funeral.
Their mum and dad have reportedly accepted that the deaths were accidental, although local police are still carrying out an investigation.
They were found in a "half-dead state in the bathroom", according to the Daily Star link .
After the news of the daughters' deaths broke there was speculation that they could have been the latest victims of honour killings in the country.