Murad for timely completion of development schemes of health department
KARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah Monday chaired a meeting to review progress of 170 on-going development schemes of health department costing Rs. 13 billion and expressed his dissatisfaction over utilization ratio of the released funds.
He directed health and works department to complete the important schemes by second week of June 2019.
He said health was most important sector and his government had given special attention to it, particularly construction of special wards, OPDs, ENT units, ICUs and upgradation of RHC and other health facilities, according to a press release.
The health department had launched 170 schemes with an allocation of Rs. 13.5 billion against which Rs. 5.79 billion had been released while the utilization was Rs. 2.4 billion which constitute 41.6 percent of the released funds.
The chief minister said that the works and health departments were not focusing on the completion of the development schemes.
He directed the health and works secretaries to work out a plan to complete maximum schemes at least those for which 100 percent allocation had been utilized.
The meeting was attended by Sindh Minister for Health Dr. Azra Pechuho, Principal Secretary to CM Sajid Jamal Abro, Sindh Secretary Health Saeed Awan, Sindh Secretary Finance Najam Shah, Secretary Works Sajjad Abbasi, Sindh Secretary Planning & Development (P&D) Shireen Narejo, Sindh Special Secretary Health Dr Dabeer, Member Development of P&D Fatah Tunio and others.