Another positive development reported over the troops withdrawal from Afghanistan
Following US President Joe Biden's decision to withdraw troops from Afghanistan by September this year, Australia and Britain have also announced extraction from the war-torn country.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison Thursday emotionally announced his country's withdrawal from the 20-year-old Afghan war.
Addressing a news conference, Prime Minister Morrison was flabbergasted when he read out a list of 41 soldiers killed in Afghanistan.
He said Australia would also withdraw its remaining troops from Afghanistan by September in the wake of the US decision.
Australia has deployed 39,000 troops to Afghanistan over the past 20 years as part of a US-led and NATO-led campaign against extremist groups, but today there are only 80 personnel.
Morrison called the decision to withdraw from Afghanistan a "significant milestone in Australia's military history", but said the war has proved costly for Australian forces.
"It's a huge loss for us," he said after emotionally reading the names of 41 Australian soldiers killed in the war. That is the great sacrifice. "
He added: "These brave Australian soldiers are among our greatest heroes who have served in the name of freedom."
Although the Australian military presence in Afghanistan has been negligible in recent years since the withdrawal of most of its combat troops by the end of 2013, the effects of the war have been felt internally.
Ex-military groups urge the government to formally investigate mass suicides by ex-male and female soldiers. Meanwhile, the army and police are investigating several war crimes committed in Afghanistan by members of the Elite Special Air Services.
On the other hand, Britain also announced the withdrawal of its troops from Afghanistan.
According to international media, British Defense Secretary Ben Wallace confirmed on Thursday that Britain would also withdraw all remaining troops from Afghanistan after the withdrawal of US troops came to light.
A day earlier, US President Joe Biden announced on Wednesday that all 2,500 US troops would be withdrawn by September 11, 20 years after the invasion of US soil.
British troops were first deployed in Afghanistan in October 2001 after the 9/11 attacks and British forces have maintained a presence since then.
A total of 456 British soldiers were killed and several wounded in the Afghan war. The British military operation ended in 2014.
Ben Wallace said in a statement: "We are returning at a time when the security of our people serving in Afghanistan will be our priority and we are clear that there will be a strong response to attacks on coalition forces.
"The most important thing is that we remember those who sacrificed their lives in this war that will never be forgotten," he said.
There are currently about 750 British troops in Afghanistan.