Farmers urged to install drip irrigation system in their fields

Farmers urged to install drip irrigation system in their fields
Shares

LAHORE:The Punjab Agriculture department has urged the farmers to install drip irrigation system in their fields as it is cost effective and offers handsome return.

Talking to Radio Pakistan Lahore correspondent, Spokesman of the department Najaf Abbas said that the government has started various projects to promote modern system of irrigation.

He said that the government is providing 60 percent subsidy on installation of the drip irrigation system however the farmers will spend remaining 40 percent.

He said that 80 percent subsidy is being given for running drip irrigation system on solar system.

He said that sprinkle irrigation system with solar system has been installed on an area of more than 1,500 acres in Punjab. APP/AFP

More from this category