100000 families affected by anti-encroachment drive: Farooq Sattar
KARACHI: The former leader of Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) Dr Farooq Sattar on Saturday said the ongoing anti-encroachment drive had so far deprived over 100,000 families of livelihood and shelter and made them paupers.
Talking to media here, Dr Sattar accused Prime Minster Imran Khan, Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah, Karachi Mayor Waseem Akhtar and Khalid Maqbol Siddiqui of MPM-P of inflicting misery on the poor.
He said unemployment in the last six month has increased significantly; one million people in this six months have been rendered unemployed in the megacity.
He said the megacity faces severe problems, adding that political leaders will have to sit together on the national agenda for resolving these problems.
Farooq Sattar further said that the coming summer will also be hot and long and there will be a severe shortage of water in the city, and it is feared that may be riots on water issue in the city.