At least 20 Indian officers, soldiers killed in occupied Kashmir insurgency in last few days: Report

At least 20 Indian officers, soldiers killed in occupied Kashmir insurgency in last few days: Report

SRINAGAR - Over 20 Indian soldiers have been killed, injured in attacks on Indian Army and Indian Police in Occupied Kashmir since the start of the 2018.

Militants attacked the Sunjwan army camp in occupied Jammu and Kashmir early on Saturday morning, in which two jawans, including a Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO), were killed and four others were injured.

Intelligence inputs had warned an attack on the army or security establishment by JeM in view of the death anniversary of Afzal Guru who was hanged on February 9, 2013.

However, this is not the first attack which has taken place this year. These attacks have resulted in a number of casualties of militants, security personnel and civilians.

Here’s a timeline of terror attacks which took place in 2018 in Jammu and Kashmir:

December 31, 2017-January 1, 2018: Five CRPF personnel were killed and three others were injured in a 24-hour long encounter between the Border Security Forces (BSF) and suspected JeM militants in South Kashmir’s Lethapora. Three militants were also neutralised during the gun battle.

January 19: Eight policemen were injured after suspected militants hurled a grenade at Tehsil office in south Kashmir’s Pulwama town.

January 22: A policeman was injured after terrorists lobbed a grenade near Baramulla Police station in Jammu and Kashmir.

On the same day, a civilian was injured in a grenade attack by terrorists who were targetting the security forces in Pampore in the state.

January 26: Militants hurled a grenade at a police station in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama district. No casualty or injury was reported.

February 1: Militants attacked a post manned by a joint team of Jammu and Kashmir Police and CRPF at Banura area of south Kashmir’s Pulwama district. No casualty was reported.

February 3: Two civilians and three CRPF personnel were injured on Saturday in a grenade attack by terrorists on a patrol party of the security forces in Pulwama district of Jammu and Kashmir.

February 7: Two policemen were killed at Srinagar’s Shri Maharaja Hari Singh Hospital after militants opened fire on a police team accompanying detainees from the Central Jail to the hospital for a medical check-up. A top Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) commander, Naveed Jat alias Abu Hanzulla, escaped from police custody during the attack.

More from this category