ISIS claims responsibility for Kabul attacks but Afghan NDS insists Haqqani network behind strikes
*KABUL - ISIS has claimed responsibility for the deadly attacks in Kabul but Afghan intelligence NDS says Haqqani network has plotted the multiple attacks in different parts of the capital Kabul on Wednesday mornin.*
The coordinated attacks in the capital Kabul begin today at around 11:30 am on police stations in Dasht-e-Barchi (PD13) and shar-e-now (PD10) areas of the city with blasts and gunshots.
The Interior Ministry Spokesman Najib Danish said that five people were killed and 16 others injured in the attacks.
According to the official, the attack on PD10 in Shahr-e-Naw area has also ended after all four attackers were gunned down by Afghan forces.
Earlier in the day, at a press conference, the Interior Minister Wais Ahmad Barmak said that two suicide attackers were involved in the attack on PD13 police headquarters in Dasht-e-Barchi. He said two policemen were killed others wounded in the attack.
Islamic State claimed responsibility. The group’s Amaq news agency reported.
“The suicide bombings that took place today in Kabul was plotted by the Haqqani Network, the National Directorate of Security (NDS) said in a statement. “Efforts underway to arrest the facilitators and perpetrators [of the attacks],” the statement added.