ISLAMABAD: *Fire erupts at PM Office, PM Imran Khan refused to leave building until all staff evacuated safely.*
A blaze erupted in a bathroom on the sixth floor of the Prime Minister Secretariat on Monday.
A spokesperson said that “fire broke out due to a short-circuit”. He further added that upon realizing the gravity of the fire, rescue teams timely responded and brought it under control.
Prime Minister Imran Khan who – at the time of the fire – was holding a meeting on the fifth floor, refused to leave until all the staff was evacuated safely.
The spokesperson confirmed that all the staff remained unharmed. The compound was immediately evacuated following the fire.