Curfew in Occupied Kashmir after martyrdom of 10 youth by Indian Army

Curfew in Occupied Kashmir after martyrdom of 10 youth by Indian Army

SRINAGAR - The puppet authorities have imposed restrictions in Srinagar and other parts of the Kashmir valley on Monday to prevent a march towards the civil secretariat and a sit-in protest against the killings of 10 youth by the Indian troops in Shopian yesterday.

Call for the march and sit-in outside civil secretariat was given by the Joint Resistance Leadership comprising Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik after the killing of the youth.

Curfew-like restrictions have been particularly placed in Rainawari, Khanyar, Nowhatta, Safakadal, Mharaj Gunj, Maisuma and Kralkhud areas of Srinagar as precautionary measures.

The JRL has asked people to stage a sit-in outside the civil secretariat till carnage is not stopped in Kashmir .

Authorities have placed Gilani and Mirwaiz under house arrest while Malik has been detained. All educational institutions have been shut in the valley. All Kashmir University examinations scheduled to be held, today, have been postponed. Rail services were also suspended.

Mobile internet services remained suspended in all South Kashmir districts, Srinagar and Ganderbal in the valley.

Meanwhile, normal life came to a standstill across the occupied territory to mourn the killing of 10 youth. All shops, other business establishments and educational institutions remained closed while public transport was off the roads.

Police foiled a protest march of traders in Srinagar who were demonstrating against the yesterday’s civilian killings in Shopian. The traders, representing Kashmir Traders and Manufacturers Federation (KTMF), assembled at Abi Guzar and tried to march towards the civil secretariat, but police intercepted and prevented the march at the Residency road.

Indian police detained Mirwaiz Umar Farooq was detained after he defied his house detention and tried to march towards Secretariat, today.