Disgruntled singer Meesha Shafi hits out at Ali Zafar's latest allegations
KARACHI: Disgruntled singer Meesha Shafi hits out at Ali Zafar's latest allegations.
She claims she had a detailed meeting spanning over two hours with Ali Zafar's representatives before going public with sexual harassment allegations against the actor last year.
The singer said this on Geo News show Aaj Shahzeb Khanzada Kay Saath on Monday, her first television appearance since the harassment and defamation cases were filed in court.
She said that she wished to resolve the matter privately as she did not want to work further with Ali Zafar, and that she had communicated this “privately through representatives in a very clear manner".
"I was trying my best not to let this come out. I had given them the message that I do not want a controversy of any kind, and that I do not want this to come out in public," she said.
"I have tried my level to sort the issue privately behind closed doors. But I didn’t get any breakthrough."
She further said she was asked what she would do if there is an apology. She said she sent her response to the apology offer, but that Zafar went back to his request for her to meet him at his residence.