ISLAMABAD: Federal government has placed the budget allocation of Rs 91 billion at the disposal of the Interior Ministry for the law and order.
According to the budget documents, budget 2017-18 allocations are given as follows:
- Rs. 19.7 billion for Pakistan Rangers
- Rs. 22.66 billion for Frontier Corps
- Rs. 20.5 billion for Frontier Corps (FC) Balochistan
- Rs. 1.28 billion for Gilgit Baltistan Scouts (GB) Scouts
- Rs. 1.82 billion for Pakistan Coast Guards
- Federal police Rs. 6.99 billion.
- Budget allocations for passport and immigration, Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), Commission of Inquiry on Enforced Disappearances have been set as Rs. 2.12 billion, Rs. 0.75 billion and Rs. 0.31 billion, respectively.
In this way, the total budget for Ministry of Interior & Narcotics Control has been positioned at Rs. 91 billion.
It should be noted that National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA) received only Rs. 140 million in Budget 2017. On the other hand, Narcotics Control Division has been allocated Rs. 2.48 billion to conduct anti-narcotics operations throughout the country.