Kabul blast is a massacre, tweets foreign NGO head

Kabul blast is a massacre, tweets foreign NGO head
Shares

KABUL - A huge blast in a crowded area of Kabul left dozens of people wounded and shattered windows on Saturday, officials and witnesses said, in the latest apparent attack in the Afghan capital.

The Italian NGO Emergency said more than 50 injured had been taken to its hospital in the city, with its coordinator Dejan Panic tweeting that it had been a "massacre".

However the local media has also reported that there may be high number of casualties associated with the blast but the actual number is yet not clear.

Kabul has been under the shadow of suicide blasts for last many days and weeks and government seems to be unable to stop the Taliban onslaught despite tall claims.

Kabul