Sridevi's death forensic report revealed: Dubai officials

Sridevi's death forensic report revealed: Dubai officials

NEW DELHI - The sudden death of iconic actor Sridevi on 24 February came as a shock to her fans around the globe.

On 26 February, *The Times of India <link>* quoted forensic officials from Dubai as saying that the actor died of a heart attack and ruled out suspicion in her death. Initial reports suggested she died due to cardiac arrest, while she was in Dubai to attend a family wedding.

Quoting sources, ANI reported that the Dubai police has released the forensic report on the late actress’s death to her family and the Indian Consulate.

According to UAE-based daily*Khaleej Times <link->*, the actor fainted in the washroom of the Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel and was rushed to the Rashid Hospital in Dubai.

According to *Khaleej Times*, at 12:15 pm, Dubai Forensic Department officials suggested that there could be a delay in releasing blood test and autopsy results. At 12:19 pm, *Khaleej Times*quoted forensic officials saying that a second autopsy will not be conducted on Sridevi's body.

At 1:05 pm, an Indian Consulate official, accompanied by a family member, had been called inside the morgue. At 1:15 pm, Indian Consulate officials suggested that all the procedures would be concluded by 2 pm. A relative of the family, Saurabh Malhotra, had left the premises with the Indian consulate official and had been asked to return at 2 pm.

At 1:17 pm, *Khaleej Times* reported that a death certificate will soon be issued.

While the hotel she was staying in refused to comment on the case, sources in the Indian Consulate told the *Khaleej Times <link->* that she was brought dead to the hospital.

According to reports, her husband and producer Boney Kapoor reportedly flew down to Dubai to surprise her on the afternoon of 24 February. *Khaleej Times <link->* quoted a source close to the family as saying that at around 5:30 pm, the two chatted for about 15 minutes, before Sridevi went in to the washroom. The source has been quoted as saying that when Kapoor knocked on the door to check on her, she did not respond. He then forced the bathroom door open and found her lying motionless in the bathtub full of water. He raised alarm after he failed to revive her.

As of the morning of 26 February, Sridevi’s mortal remains were still in the custody of the Dubai forensics officials, where it is awaiting clearances for release, as per the report. As per an update at 10:26 am, the forensics department had not yet submitted the blood test results to the Dubai police for the release of the body.