Lahore Defence Blast: Punjab Government terms blast an accident

Lahore Defence Blast: Punjab Government terms blast an accident
Shares

LAHORE: Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah on Friday has cleared the air surrounding the Lahore Defence Blast that occurred on Thursday morning resulted in killing of at least 10 people and injuring over 30.

Rana Sanaullah held a press conference today in CM House and and briefed the media about the outcome of the forensic report of the Lahore DHA blast.

Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah said on Friday that the bomb blast that had occurred a day before in the city had been an accidental one since no evidence of the presence of explosive material could be found.

Addressing a press conference, the provincial minister said that the blast that had occurred in Lahore on Thursday was an accidental one and it was likely that the blast had taken place due to gas leakage.

"Yesterday's blast was not an act of terrorism, it had taken place by accident. It is possible that there were gas cylinders present inside the building," he said.

Rana Sanaullah said that the blast had taken place due to negligence and presence of unsuitable gas cylinders. He stated that those who were involved in the sale of such dangerous gas cylinders were involved in a serious crime and stern action would be taken against them.

"An initial report of the incident has been prepared. No evidence of explosive material was found from the site," he said.

Regarding the PSL final to be played in Lahore, Rana Sanaullah said that a meeting would be held on the matter today. He stated that a meeting was scheduled to take place yesterday but owing to the situation due to the blast, the meeting could not take place.

More from this category