Pakistan foreign office breaks silence over Kartarpur Corridor agreement with India
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan and India are likely to sign an agreement pertaining to the opening of Kartarpur corridor on Thursday.
At his weekly news briefing in Islamabad on Wednesday, Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal said it is our effort to get the agreement signed tomorrow.
The spokesperson said a mechanism has been evolved for the visits of Yatrees to Gurdawara Darbar Sahib. He said the Yatrees will come in the morning and go back in the evening. He said full details of the Kartarpur operationalization agreement will be shared after its signing.
The spokesperson said each visiting Yatree will have to pay 20 dollars service charges.
Alluding to the tension with India, the Spokesperson said we have noticed that anti-Pakistan tirade of BJP leadership is continuing as the electoral process in the Indian states of Haryana and Maharashtra advances. He said Pakistan categorically rejects the Indian allegations and threats as well as distortion of history and facts.
The spokesperson once again strongly rejected the claims of Indian Army Chief about the so called launchpads targeted by India along the line of control. He called upon the P-5 countries to ask India to provide information about the so called alleged launch pads.
Referring to the visit of diplomatic corps to the line of control, the spokesperson said Pakistan had requested the Indian high commission in Islamabad to share the details of the alleged locations to back their allegations. He said no response has so far been received from the Indian High Commission.
The spokesperson said Pakistan does not harbor aggressive designs but our armed forces and the people remain ready to defend the country against any act of aggression.
The spokesperson said Pakistan's position on festering Kashmir is very clear and unchanged. He said the resolution of this dispute lies in the aspirations of Kashmiri people as per the UN Security Council resolutions.
Condemning Indian blatant human rights violations in occupied Kashmir, the spokesperson said the humanitarian nightmare in the held valley is worsening with continued military lockdown and complete communications blockade.
He said eight million people in occupied Kashmir remain cut off from the rest of the world. He said these inhumane and unilateral actions by India are continuing in spite of international condemnation.