Text of PM Nawaz Sharif Address to the Nation
ISLAMABAD, April 22 (APP): Following are the highlights of Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif's address to the nation he made on Friday.
* Prime Minister announced his decision to write letter to the Chief Justice of Pakistan to constitute a commission to probe the allegations regarding Panama papers.
* "I will wholeheartedly accept the recommendations of the Commission. If the allegations against me proved wrong, then those accusing me, will have to face the nation and tender apology."
* PM had announced formation of an inquiry commission in his earlier address to the nation even when there was no such public demand.
* My political opponents are pressurizing the judges not to be part of the inquiry commission.
* "I am not afraid of anyone, but Allah Almighty. I have full faith in Him and the people of Pakistan, who will respond to these baseless allegations."
* "The day allegations against me are proved, I will not hesitate for a moment to go home."
* PM said the Musharraf regime had thoroughly probed these 22-year old allegations time and again and failed to find misappropriation of even a penny.
* He once again presented himself and his family for accountability.
* We have been paying taxes since the time when the people had no idea what the tax is.
* Allegations against him of paying a little tax was nothing but "blatant lies".
* The worst time in his three decades political life was of his exile that only he or his family could realize how they endured it.
* He said the details of their assets are already declared in form of income tax returns.
* On his directive, details of parliamentarians' assets which were removed earlier were displayed again on Election Commission's website.