Hina Rabbani Khar breaks silence over Hussain Haqqani scandal

Hina Rabbani Khar breaks silence over Hussain Haqqani scandal
Shares

ISLAMABAD: Former Minister for Foreign Affairs Hina Rabbani Khar has on Sunday said that United States (US) operational forces had been given no special concessions. She said that some members of security establishment had reservations over Abbotabad Commission report, reported Daily Dunya.

In an interview, Hina Rabbani Khar said that the civil government couldn’t have given any concessions unless approved by the military establishment. “We were dumbfounded by the event of Osama bin Laden being found in Abbotabad. If the intervention of US seals in Pakistan was embarrassing, Osama being found in Abbotabad was even more embarrassing”, she said.

“How did the US helicopters enter Pakistan without our knowledge, it must be answered”, said Khar. She added that Pakistan was a member of the alliance that was looking for Osama bin Laden. Responding to a question regarding special concessions given to the US in Pakistan, Khar said that Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) government didn’t give any concessions. “These concessions were given after 911”, she said.

When asked about the visas issued to the Americans that former Pakistan ambassador to US Hussain Haqqani has also mentioned in a recent article for Washington Post, the former foreign minister said that Shah Mehmood Qureshi, currently in Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), was the foreign minister before her and he should be asked about the issuance of visas.

She demanded that Abbotabad Commission report must be made public so that the facts may be known to the people of Pakistan.

More from this category