Breakthrough reported in deadlock between US and Afghan Taliban
KABUL - A Breakthrough has been reported in deadlock between US and Afghan Taliban, Afghanistan foreign minister has hinted.
Talks between the United States and the Taliban are likely to restart, Afghan foreign ministry's spokesman said on Wednesday.
Last week, US President Donald Trump declared peace talks with the Taliban dead after cancelling a secret meeting with the group’s leaders at Camp David.
Sibghatullah Ahmadi, a spokesman for Afghanistan’s foreign ministry, said that the sides would resume talks, which Trump cancelled due to an attack in Kabul that left 12 people dead.
Ahmadi, however, said that the Taliban could not push Afghan government to negotiation through violence.