Afghan Taliban coordinated attacks on military check posts leave at least 15 soldiers dead

Afghan Taliban coordinated attacks on military check posts leave at least 15 soldiers dead
Shares

KABUL - The Taliban militants launched deadly attacks on a number of security posts in western Farah province of Afghanistan, leaving several security personnel dead.

Provincial governor’s spokesman Mohammad Nasir Mehri confirmed the incident and said the militants launched attacks on security posts in Bala Bolik and Posht Rod districts.

Mehri further added that the attacks were launched late on Sunday night and as a result at least fifteen security personnel have lost their lives.

He said at least five security forces were martyred after the Taliban militants attacked their security posts in Posht Rod district.

According to Mehri, the Taliban militants also attacked the security posts on Farah-Farah Rod highway, leaving at least ten security personnel dead.

At least five Taliban militants were also killed during the clashes with the security forces, the provincial governor’s spokesman added.

In the meantime, a member of the provincial council says at least 17 security personnel have lost their lives during the clashes.

The anti-government armed militant groups including Taliban insurgents have not commented regarding the report so far.

More from this category