Pakistan rejects Indian claims against Pakistan Army

Pakistan rejects Indian claims against Pakistan Army
Shares

ISLAMABAD – The Foreign Office on Thursday rejected India’s claims about Pakistan, using its “so-called Border Action Teams” to infiltrate the Line of Control (LoC), saying no such force existed in the country.

Terming the allegations as “baseless”, Foreign Office Spokesman Muhammad Faisal at a weekly press briefing said India’s accusations against Pakistan’s military to opt for such tactics, were totally incorrect.

“Pakistan Army is a responsible and professional force, committed to protecting the lives and property of its own citizens and does not resort to such irresponsible provocation,” he said.

On the contrary, the Spokesman said “the Indian occupations forces were deliberately targeting civilians in a desperate bid to raise the bogey of external threats”.

“India continues with its aggressive and belligerent posturing justifying its ceasefire violations by leveling baseless allegations of infiltration from the Pakistani side,” he said.

He said the Indian mal-intent was also apparent from its repeated ceasefire violations instead of using the hotline contact between the two sides.

The FO spokesman said Pakistan consistently maintained the smooth functioning of United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) in line with the UN Security Council Resolutions to maintain peace and tranquility.

However, he said India was restricting UNMOGIP’s movement in its side as compared to Pakistan that allowed its unhindered monitoring.

On Kartarpur Corridor, the spokesman said the work continued actively at the Pakistani side with construction of bridge at the River Ravi underway. He said the topographical and hydrological surveys had been completed to materialize the project aimed at facilitating the Sikh pilgrims to their holy shrine inside Pakistan.

Defence