Punjab government reacts over media reports of coronavirus patients in the province

Shares
Punjab government reacts over media reports of coronavirus patients in the province

LAHORE - The Health Department Punjab on Sunday said that no confirmed case of Coronavirus has been reported in the province so far.

According to details, the spokesperson of Health Department Punjab said that no coronavirus case has been confirmed in Punjab.

Health Department spokesperson said that 9 suspected patients of the Coronavirus are under observation in Isolation Ward. Three suspected patients are hospitalized in Multan's Nishtar Hospital, one patient each in Sialkot, Gujranwala, Gujarat, Khushab and Gojra.

Similarly, there is one patient in Lahore's Meyo Hospital.

According to Punjab Health Department, 100 suspects have been tested for coronavirus so far, of which 91 have been declared cleared while the remaining test reports are yet to come.

"It is premature to declare someone a coronavirus patient before the test comes out positive", the Health Department added.

The Health Department of Punjab said that no confirmed case of coronavirus has been reported in the province so far.

It is pertinent to remember that a health emergency has already been imposed in Pakistan to deal with Coronavirus. All the educational institutions across the country have been closed until April 5.

In addition, public gatherings, including cinemas and wedding halls, have been banned.

The total number of patients in Pakistan has increased to 31 after two more Coronavirus cases were reported in Karachi in Islamabad yesterday, while two patients have recovered from the virus.