Afghan Army suffer heavy casualties in Farah province

Shares

KABUL - The Afghan army and Taliban insurgents suffered heavy casualties during separate clashes in Farah province late on Monday night.

The Ministry of Defense (MoD) spokesman Gen. Dawlat Waziri confirmed the incident and said the clashes broke out in the provincial capital and Bala Bolok district.

He said at least twenty Taliban insurgents were killed during the clashes and at least 21 others were wounded.

He said the Afghan armed forces also lost eight soldiers during the clashes and at least three of them sustained injuries.

According to Gen. Waziri, an investigation has been launched in connection to the incident and further information will be released later.

The anti-government armed militant groups including the Taliban insurgents have not commented regarding the report so far.

Farah is among the relatively volatile provinces in western Afghanistan where the Taliban insurgents and militants belonging to the other insurgent groups are actively operating in a number of its districts.

The militants often carry out insurgency activities in the form of coordinated attacks, suicide blasts, and roadside bombings in different parts of the province.

More from this category