Indian Air Force base, police stations attacked by raged protestors in IOK

Indian Air Force base, police stations attacked by raged protestors in IOK

ISLAMABAD (APP): Occupied Kashmir continues to be on boil as the death toll in firing by Indian troops on protest demonstrations triggered by killing of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani rose to 31 including teenage boy and a woman.

According to KMS, the woman identified as Yasmeena of Damhal Hanjipora area of Kulgam district, who had sustained critical bullet injuries succumbed to injuries at SMHS hospital in Srinagar.

Curfew remained in force in all 10 districts of Kashmir Valley including Srinagar. However, people in defiance of curfew and other restrictions held massive protests in the entire Valley, particularly in Shopian district, where brutal force was used to quell the mourners who had assembled to participate in the funeral of a 12-year old boy Shahid killed in forces firing, the other day.

In Srinagar, situation was tense as people took to streets and the mosques were reverberating with pro-freedom and pro-Islamic slogans, a day after the death of youth Shabbir Ahmad at Tengpora, Byepass Batamaloo in police firing.

The youth continued to fight pitched battles with Indian police and paramilitary forces across the Valley and mob attacked Air Force base in Pulwama,police stations and police posts.

The cops also fired at the protesters at Zirpora area of Bijbehara injuring two youth, who were later rushed to Srinagar hospital for treatment. One youth was shot in chest and another in abdomen.

Forces' personnel vandalized the SDH hospital Bijbehara. The doctors and patients in the hospital were beaten up by the men in uniform.

The entire Kashmir is seething with rage as people have drawn out in large numbers on the roads to protest the extrajudicial killing of the Hizbul Mujahideen commander, Burhan Wani by Indian forces.

The forces also resorted to intense firing in Trehgam area of border district of Kupwara when locals defied curfew to stage protests against the civilian killings."The cops also used Pepper gas due to which elderly, women folk and children faced grave problems," locals said. An angry mob torched a police post at Fruit Mandi in Sopore.

Litter Police Post, SIDCO Lassipora SOG Post and a new building which belongs to police were set ablaze by angry protestors in Pulwama and Shopian.

A group of protesters pelted stones on the air force base at Koil in Pulawama. They also set afire the dry grass inside the airbase complex.

Tral, the home town of Burhan continued to remain on boil as fresh firing incident by cops was reported from the area today. The police opened fire at protestors at Lidyar (Tral) injuring 16 people. The injured were shifted to a local hospital.

Meanwhile, shops, offices, business establishments and petrol pumps remained shut for third consecutive day today while public transport was completely off the road. Mobile and internet services also remained suspended in the Valley.

Hurriyet leaders including Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umer Farooq, Shabbir Ahmad Shah, Muhammad Yasin Malik, Mohammad Ashraf Sehrai, Nayeem Ahmad Khan, and others continue to remain under house arrest or in jail.

More from this category