Abdul Razzaq deny news of his death in an accident?
ISLAMABAD - Former Pakistan all-rounder Abdul Razzaq is hale and hearty, after news broke out on the internet about his death in an accident.
In the wee hours of Wednesday, it was reported that Razzaq had been involved in a fatal accident but the Lahore-born has brushed aside the news in a video message.
Here I am :) pic.twitter.com/hApkVD1ezv <link>
“A post on social media [Facebook] said that I was involved in an accident and subsequently died,” said Razzaq. “There is no truth in such a thing as I am alive and well.”
He added: “People should refrain from posting such fake news on social media without properly investigating the story.”
The flamboyant player featured in over three hundred international matches for Pakistan, in a career which lasted nearly two decades.