Yemeni Army warns to attack Saudi Arabia, capture cities
Speaking to the Persian service of Iran's Mehr News Agency on Wednesday, Deputy Spokesman of the Yemeni Army General Aziz Rashid blasted the US for supporting the Saudi war on his country and warned, "If they don't cease their aggression, we will go for conquering Saudi cities."
The army general said his country has a bank of information of sensitive and vital Saudi targets, specially the oil and economic centers and facilities of the rich Arab nation, and said the army has improved its Borkan missiles to bring all designated targets in Saudi Arabia within reach.
"We have a bank of strategic targets in Saudi Arabia and will move to strike them unless they give up their hostile move against us; otherwise, they will sustain heavy economic damage," he said.
"The Borkan missiles could strike close range targets first, but now they can hit any spot in Saudi Arabia as far as 1,000km after we made some changes on them," Gen. Rashid said.
Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen since March 2015 to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 14,300 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.
Despite Riyadh's claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
According to several reports, the Saudi-led air campaign against Yemen has drove the impoverished country towards humanitarian disaster, however the Riyadh regime has failed to reach its goals despite suffering great expense.
Nearly 3.3 million Yemeni people, including 2.1 million children, are currently suffering from acute malnutrition. The Al-Saud aggression has also taken a heavy toll on the country’s facilities and infrastructure, destroying many hospitals, schools, and factories.