Pervaiz Musharaf reacts over the Benazir Bhutto murder case verdict
DUBAI – Former military dictator Gen (r) Pervez Musharraf has reacted over the decision of the Benazir Bhutto murder case.
He said he will face the courts in Benazir Bhutto assassination case in Pakistan soon as his health improves. In a statement issued from All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) secretariat on Sunday, the ex-President said that the recent decision by the anti-terrorism court was not against him as the matter against him is still pending before the courts.
He also termed American journalist and lobbyist Mark Seigel’s statement “meaningless”, saying that his lawyers had already refuted the statement.
Musharraf says he was wrongly included in the case on a political basis.
Benazir Bhutto – twice elected prime minister of Pakistan – was assassinated when terrorists attacked her convoy, as it was leaving the historic Liaquat Bagh after addressing a public meeting on Dec 27, 2007.
A joint investigation team had implicated Musharraf in the case, saying that his government did not provide adequate security to the former prime minister despite her repeated requests