ISLAMABAD, Nov 1 (APP):Pakistan rejected the Indian Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)’s purported protest and statement regarding the bus service through China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
In a statement, the Foreign Office spokesperson said India’s repeated regurgitation of claims over Indian occupied Kashmir could neither change the facts of history nor the legality of the Jammu and Kashmir dispute.
He said as per the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Resolutions, the entire state of Jammu and Kashmir was disputed, the final status of which was to be determined through a democratic and impartial plebiscite to be held under the auspices of the United Nations.
“In complete violation of the UNSC resolutions, and against the wishes of the Kashmiri people, India continues to maintain its illegal hold over Indian occupied Jammu & Kashmir through brutal use of force. It may be recalled that Indian leaders had committed to hold the plebiscite,” the spokesperson remarked.
He said the Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir remained the most militarized zone in the world, where the occupation forces were killing and maiming people on a daily basis.
The gross and systematic violations of human rights of the people of Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir at the hands of occupation forces had been extensively documented in the report issued by the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights in June 2018.
The spokesman said by raising frivolous issues, India could not mislead the international community or hide its state-terrorism against a people engaged in a legitimate struggle for their inalienable right to self-determination.
“We call upon India to vacate its illegal occupation. We also call upon India to allow the Commission of Inquiry (COI) recommended by the OHCHR to investigate human rights violations, and resolve the Jammu and Kashmir dispute in accordance with the UNSC resolutions and wishes of the Kashmiri people,” he added.